Tuesday 7 July 2009

Newmarket July meeting...and The Ashes!

Top of the Form chart qualifiers for Monday 13 July:

4.30 Ayr, Espero
6.30 Windsor, Bold Rose
6.30 Windsor, Danzadil
6.50 Wolverhampton, Trade Centre

Almost the ultimate day on Friday with one winner and four placed from the five TOTF qualifiers, including Ocean Transit at 10-1, who was my RFO nap two weeks ago, so in a way I was relieved it didn't win yesterday!

The first day of the Newmarket July meeting on Wednesday was also a tense one as I got through to the last - a maiden - in the Placepot, where I had the first two in the market from big yards, both of whom were well backed. I worked out that the dividend would pay around £800-900 if I got one in the frame, but as many of you will have no doubt experienced with this bet, both managed to bomb out! The dividend paid just under two grand in the end and the one that finished in the frame I changed my mind about - we've all been there!

I hope some of you have better luck over the weekend, and if you get a chance, check out some of the races I've listed below that are currently out of the Top 20 which produced several winners the previous week, along with Firbet at 7-1 this week.

And here are several races outside of the Top 20 that are also worth a study:

15 May Aintree 3m handicap hurdle won by Simple Glory -
3 wins from 8 runs

30 May 1m handicap won by Uncle Fred -
6 wins from 12 runs

31 May Perth 3m handicap chase won by Backstage -
3 wins from 8 runs

11 June 1m2f handicap won by Wake Me Now -
3 wins from 7 runs

12 June 1m2f handicap won by Eastern Aria -
2 wins from 6 runs

13 June 2m5f handicap chase won by Uptown Lad -
2 wins from 7 runs

17 June 1m4f handicap won by Summer Lodge -
2 wins from 4 runs

20 June Ayr 1m handicap won by Firebet -
3 wins from 4 runs

25 June 7f seller won by Iron Out -
2 wins from 5 runs

Performance ratings

Lancashire Oaks - Barshiba 68
Old Newton Cup - Red Merlin 65
Coral Charge (Sprint Stakes) - Ialysos 75
Eclipse Stakes - Sea The Stars 90

2 comments:

Julio said...

Dave,
I've noticed that the Toteswinger Heritage Handicap (Sandown) from page 115 of the 2008 book is missing from the 2009 edition. Any reason for this.

Julio

David Myers said...

Julio,

My error as it was omitted by mistake - I'll make a note for 2010.
Hope you made use of the 2008 version - BTW, the PR for Acrostic is 68.

David