Wednesday 14 October 2009

Performance ratings

Autumn Stakes - Morana 66
Cornwallis Stakes - Our Jonathan 70

Top of the Form

One of the introductions on the new website will be a list of daily qualifiers from races currently outside the Top 20. These races are ones in which either the top-half of the field have since all reappeared, or ones where the overall rating is too low.

Two recent examples would be the York sprint handicap I mentioned in my RFO column three weeks ago won by Able Master, in which the rating was too low for the Top 20, while Rowan Tiger's Kempton victory on 16 September is a race that was eliminated this week as the first seven home had all reappeared.

It's difficult waving goodbye to races like the Kempton one as they produced three further winners last week - Rowan Tiger (11/4), Cape Marien (7/4) and Mellow Mixture (7/1) - so I'll be keeping track of them and listing the daily qualifiers on a 'B-list' on the new website. Who knows, this list may even start outperforming the Top 20 list, but I'm looking forward to finding out.

Here are the Top 20 qualifiers for Tuesday 20 October, while below them is a sample of new races I've just mentioned that sit outside the chart:

2.30 Lingfield, Tuscan Gold
2.30 Lingfield, Classical Piece
3.30 Lingfield, True Decision
3.30 Lingfield, Flamsteed
4.00 Lingfield, Gentle Guru
4.00 Lingfield, Billberry
4.20 Yarmouth, Bahama Baileys
5.00 Lingfield, D'Artagnans Dream

18 September Wolverhampton 7f handicap won by Mabait -
3 wins from 9 runs

17 September Pontefract 2m1f handicap won by Zuwaar -
2 wins from 7 runs

11 September Bangor 3m handicap chase won by Oscar Glory -
3 wins from 8 runs

2 September Hereford 2m4f handicap hurdle won by King High -
4 wins from 10 runs

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the 1st time I have visited your website after coming across your book at Foyles on 15-10-09. I really like your 'Trends Ratings for Big Races' and your picking of Trends Top Three and if you are offering this service for 2010 Flat Season, I will be the first to join this service.I will be going overseas for the winter hibernation and that's why I don't get involved with the Jumps.My e-mail is pengsoon52@yahoo.co.uk; please let me know if you are offering the above-mentioned service for next year.

Unknown said...

When you start your premium service, will you offering a choice of services? I don't think I am quite keen on the Top 20 qualifers one as it involves backing too many horses and it will be over-indulging.I rather go for the 'Trends Ratings for the races in your book where you pick the Trends Top Three selections.

Anonymous said...

When you start your new subscription website, what is the new address?

Anonymous said...

I was reading your 'older posts' and on one of them I came across you talking about Profitable Races; where can I get hold of this list of profitable races. I will be much obliged if you or anyone could tell me. Thanks!!

David Myers said...

Hi Anonymous,

The new website address will be:
www.racingtrendsrevealed.com, which should be up and running next week.

Best - David

David Myers said...

Hi Anonymous - The Top 20 list of profitable races appear in the Racing and Football Outlook each Tuesday.

The races that sit outside the Top 20 will soon be available on the new website, along with the daily qualifiers.

Best - David

David Myers said...

Hi Millie - There will only be the one package available for £10 in which you can pick and choose the service required.

It would have proven more complicated at my end to break up the different services, and I'm trying to keep things simple under one umbrella whilst still being cost effective.

Best - David